2021’s Loungewear Trends
Hey loves! You know what day it is! It's Thursday Tutorial and today we are talking about loungewear! JoJo loves a good loungewear set but I especially love today's current loungewear styles because they aren't your typical baggy ol'sweats and an old oversized sweatshirt!
Loungewear is any piece of clothing that brings the utmost comfort to the wearer. Most people like to be in loungewear when at home. The pandemic gave loungewear a whole new life! People are always on the lookout for comfortable loungewear when at home and good enough to wear when leaving the house to run errands or buy essentials. 2020 is the year everyone wore loungewear in quarantine and 2021 will be the year they found ways to wear loungewear outside of the home. Gone are the days of just wearing cute lounge outfits inside the comfort of your own home, now it’s all about actually wearing your best loungewear out. So, for those of you who have ever sat and wondered ‘can you wear loungewear outside?” the answer is 100% yes. Of course, you can. Whether that’s for going for walks or putting on your best loungewear sets for a drink or three, loungewear has become an outfit in its own right. In today’s fashion world loungewear has taken on a whole new meaning and can be worn stylish, classic and even chic.
Below are just a few our favorite Loungewear Trends and suggestions on how to wear them!
- Soft and cozy sweatpants. We love sweatpants with some sort of graphic detail on it that add’s a bit of a twist. The baggy the better for me! We love to wear a sweat pant or lounge bottom with a basic tee, denim jacket or oversized Sherpa coat with a great sneaker.
- We love an oversized sweatshirt with a seamless legging, combat boot or even a sweater.
- Gym or no gym, we love a crop top and matching legging set. They have become one of the top loungewear trends right now. There’s just something about matching pieces that make you look put together, even when you feel far from it, and we’re totally onboard with that.
- Comfy and oh-so-cute, cropped hoodies and joggers are the “it” loungewear outfit we can’t get enough of. Temperature dropped? Just add a camel coat…obsessed!
- Oversized white button-down shirts paired with black joggers may be simple, but they’re seriously chic. Pair them with a sneaker and your good to go!
Do’s and Don’ts For Styling Your Loungewear
- Accessories with a great purse and jewelry
- Baggy on top tighter on bottom or vice versa
- Wear a great coat or jacket
- Heels are a win!
- Go Monochrome
- Baggy on Baggy
- Too much pattern
- No PJ’s